Saturday 13 April 2013

Proportions, tonal value and colour variation.

Seem to get everything wrong on Saturday but still enjoyed the session. I was running the session and we talked about better positioning of the model and also lighting so hopefully things will be better in the future.

First two 10 minute A2 charcoals.



Long pose with natural lighting (and reflections) I find I'm constantly chasing shadows. I also used a freshly primed canvas which I find difficult to get the paint to stick. Later changes lead to a more consistent approach when compared to the original jigsaw of colours but it's lost a lot of its impact. 24"x18" about 3 hours 30 mintes.


2 comments:

Sandra Heading said...

Ment to check in here earlier , been in the loop as they say .... I guess as you say the first is well got issues. But I like the feel of the next one for sure

There's always something to be constantly chewing over isn't there ...

Descartes said...

Thanks for looking in Sandra. Yes, lots to think about.